After taking a physical count of your current inventory, you're ready to enter those counts. You can either create a mock order (referred to as a mock order because it's not a real order, just the method to enter your current inventory amounts) or enter the quantities counted from your Inventory Worksheet, directly on the product list.
New in Boulevard 2020, you can now Edit Physical Count Directly On the Product List to enter your current On Hand amounts (this is the new, recommended method).
Step 1: Creating the Mock Order
If you are not new to Boulevard and are re-entering your corrected inventory amounts, before proceeding, ensure that you have cleared your current on-hand inventory counts.
- From the Product menu, click Inventory Order (or from the main toolbar click Orders).
- From Inventory Orders toolbar, click New then Order to open a new order form.
- Change the Description field from the current month to the word Mock; the Date can be left as of today's date.
- Click List to add the amounts taken from your physical count in the Qty column.
Note: If you have a lot of inventory, it is recommended that you periodically save your work by clicking OK on the Fill Order screen, then Save (to return to the order, double click on the mock order from the Inventory Orders form).
- Ensure that the Default discount is set to the correct amount (usually 50% for US & Canada).
- After all of the items have been added to the order, click Save to save and close the order.
The final step to entering your inventory amounts in Boulevard is to place, receive, then delete the mock order. As a general rule, you should not delete product orders. They are tracked for production purposes as well as taxes, but since this is not a real product order, it is of no use once you have entered your beginning inventory.
Step 2: Placing, Receiving, & Deleting the Mock Order
- From the Inventory Orders screen, select the Mock order; select Status, then Placed.
- Click Yes to confirm adding the items to the On Order field in Boulevard.
- Ensure the mock order is selected; click Status again, then Received.
- From the Receive Order screen, click Receive All, then OK .
- Ensure the mock order is still selected, click then Yes to confirm deleting the mock order.