Reassigning all of a product's sales history to another product will transfer one product's information on all historical invoices and sales history throughout Boulevard. Reassigning Product History eliminates duplicate items by merging two of the same items that have different part numbers (e.g., same color, price, etc. but different packaging). All On-Hand amounts will automatically be moved from the old part number to the new part number, and the old part number deleted.
The example below uses the Belara Midnight Eau de Parfum.
Reassign Product History
- From the Shortcuts form, click View Products & Inventory (or from the Product menu, select Product List).
- From the Product List tool bar, click to locate the part number that will be eliminated, then select to highlight it (Example: 099092).
- From the product list toolbar click .
- In the To New field enter the newer part number that the old part number will be merged into (Example: 067230), then click OK .
- Click Yes to confirm, then OK to acknowledge.