There are a couple of ways to get caught up and enter past customer sales information into Boulevard depending on whether your on-hand inventory is accurate and how much detail you want to enter.
Option 1: Quick Method for Tax Purposes
To begin, gather all of your customer invoices and group them by month. Using a calculator, add each of the following:
- Retail amount
- Sales tax collected
- Any discounts given
- Non-Recovered sales tax
Entering Totals on the Weekly Accomplishment Sheet:
One of the reports necessary for year-end tax reporting is the Annual Gross Receipts. Boulevard calculates the totals for this report from the Weekly Accomplishment Sheet.
- From the Shortcuts form, click Weekly Accomplishment.
- Enter the applicable date under the Date field (such as 1/1/2015 for January 2015 sales).
- Enter the applicable month in the Customer/Hostess field.
- From the totals calculated in the steps above, enter the retail amount of products sold under Reorder, tax (section 1 only) under Sales Tax, any discounts given under Gift Section 1, and finally any tax you paid the company but did not collect from the sales under Sales Tax (NR).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for any additional months.
Option 2: Entering Itemized Invoices
Option A: Inventory is NOT Accurate
If your on-hand amounts are not accurate and you would like to enter itemized invoices for each customer, create each invoice using the original transaction date. When finished, follow the steps to Clear On Hand Inventory Amounts, take a physical inventory count, then create a Mock order.
Option B: Inventory is Accurate
If your on-hand amounts are accurate and you would like to enter itemized invoices for each customer, follow the steps below to create a New Historical invoice, entering the date from the original transaction.
- From the contact's profile tool bar select New Historical from the invoice button drop down (or from the main tool bar; see image).
- Click Yes confirming that you are creating a historical invoice.
- When finished creating the invoice, click OK .
- From the Process Invoice form select from any of the options listed then click OK .