Track business mileage along with destinations, reasons for the trip, and the vehicle driven in the Trip Log. A per-mile rate can be entered to allow Boulevard to calculate the total deduction based on rate entered and the total number of miles.
The Trip Log lists entries you've created, allowing you to calculate your mileage deduction based on the total miles for all trips, filter the list to show trips in a specified time period and for a particular vehicle or all vehicles for tax purposes.
Create a New or Memorized Trip Entry:
- From the Shortcuts form, click Trip Log.
- Click to create a new entry, or if using a previously saved trip, double-click the desired trip from the Memorized section in the sidebar.
- Enter the Date, and Begin odometer and End odometer reading.
- Add the vehicle if it is the first time being added, or choose a previously used vehicle from the drop-down list.
- Under the table, for each segment of the trip add the destination and reason for the trip.
- Click OK to accept and close the form.
Tip: To memorize the entire trip for future use, before saving the form, click Memorize this Trip from the Memorize section. In the Description field, enter a name for this trip, then click OK to save and close the form.
Print the Trip Log:
- From the Filter sidebar in the Trip Log, in the Date Range field click ... and select a pre-defined range or choose Custom... to enter a custom range.
- Click to print.