It is crucial to run the Inventory Listing by Category report as close to the year-end as possible. Only the current inventory value can be obtained when the report is run. If any invoices or inventory orders have been entered for the new year, the Estimated Inventory Value report will give a close estimate for the previous year.
- From the Business Tools menu, select Reports (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Reports).
- Under the Inventory section, double click the Estimated Inventory Value report.
- From the preview window, click to print (or to export as a pdf).
Understanding the report:
- (1) Current Inventory: the wholesale cost of inventory on the date the report was printed (added)
- (2) Customer Sales: the amount of sales transactions entered for the current year when the report was printed (added)
- (3) Loaned Product: the value of any loaned product (added)
- (4) Product Orders: the total wholesale cost of all received orders for the current year (subtracted)
- (5) Borrowed Product: the value of any borrowed product (subtracted)
- (6) Estimated Inventory Value: the approximate cost of goods for the year previous to when the report was run (total)