The options in the Details tab of the invoice control all aspects of payments, invoice totals, and account balance information.
- Cash/Check: Enter the cash or check amount you received from the customer. Click to enter the invoice total into this field.
- Check Number: If the customer is paying by check, enter the check number in this field.
- Credit Card: Enter the amount to be charged on a credit card. Click to enter the invoice total into this field. Boulevard tracks unprocessed credit card charges in the Credit Receivables form (Credit cards are not immediately processed from the invoice form).
- Gift Certificate: If a gift certificate is being redeemed as the form of payment, enter the entire gift certificate amount. If the gift certificate exceeds the invoice total, the profile will reflect an account credit. If the gift certificate is less than the invoice total, additional forms of payment can be used (cash/check or credit card), or the profile will reflect an account balance.
- On Account: This read-only field contains the invoice total less any amount entered in either the Cash/Check or Credit Card fields. Any amount remaining in this field indicates an unpaid or credit on the account and the customer will be color-coded red or green respectively.
- Memo: If the payment was by credit card, any information added will be displayed in the Memo field under the Account & Invoices tab of the profile and Credit Receivables.
- Subtotal: Displays the subtotal of all invoice items, prior to any discounts given.
- Discount: Displays the discount dollar amount applied to the invoice.
- Reward Discount: Displayed only if tracking rewards and reward points are being redeemed.
- Tax: Displays the sales tax amount applied to the invoice. By default, tax is calculated based on the rate entered in the Sales Tax field in Preferences after discounts have been applied. Alternatively, a different sales tax rate can be stored and used on invoices for individual contact profiles. Override the tax rate applied to the invoice by clicking next to the Tax field and change the rate or select By Flat Amount. Additional options include Tax before discounts and Calculate tax on shipping. View
In the Canadian version, displays the Tax Percentage form, which allows you to view or edit the sales tax rates. The options set in this form apply only to this invoice. The next invoice created will use the tax rate information set in Preferences in the Sales Tax tab. View
- Shipping: The shipping amount is added directly to the invoice total but is not used when computing the sales tax amount unless specified. The income from this field is added to the Dovetail/Other field on the Weekly Accomplishment Sheet.
- Total: Displays the total dollar amount of this invoice.