Boulevard tracks additional income earned from sources other than invoices, in the Expense area. The types of entries that can be added include but are not limited to income, expenses, and mileage, each of which is grouped separately when expense reports are generated. Before proceeding, ensure that you have created the appropriate Expense category for the type of transaction you will be entering.
- From the Business Tools menu, select Expenses (or from Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Expenses).
- Click to create a new entry.
- Enter applicable information such as Pay To, Memo, Check #, Date, and Amount.
- From the Category drop-down list, select the appropriate income category, or select the Split... to create an entry that includes multiple categories.
- When finished, click Save or Save & New to add another entry.
Examples of additional income
- Commissions: Company commission checks (which can also be split to include expenses such as insurance, etc.)
- Dovetail Income: Income earned from a class you booked but had another consultant hold or customer shipping charges (an entry in expenses is not needed for customer shipping charges as it is recorded on their invoice and reflected on Gross Receipts reports).
- Fees Collected: Income collected for meetings or any other event, etc. (If you have paid fees for a meeting room, income entries added will offset the expense entry of the room when entered.)