When adding a customer credit card payment through an invoice or posting a payment to their account, the payment will then be added to Credit Receivables, and their account balance will immediately reflect it. However, the transaction still needs to be submitted to ProPay from Credit Receivables in Boulevard or from ProPay directly.
From the Business Tools menu, select Credit Receivables, (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar click Credit Receivables).
- Your ProPay account information must be linked in Boulevard.
- Credit card information needs to be added to the contact's profile before a payment can be processed.
- For the security of both you and your customer, Boulevard does not store credit card information. If the card number or expiration date needs to be updated, the card must be deleted, then re-added. See Add or Remove Credit Card Information.
- For security purposes, the credit card information is accessed differently through Boulevard than from ProPay's website. Even if credit card information has been previously saved into ProPay through their website, it must be entered in Boulevard to utilize the credit card processing feature.
- Select the checkbox next to each transaction to be submitted.
- From the toolbar, click to submit the transaction.
If the payment is approved, the transaction will disappear from Credit Receivables, and the fees associated with the transaction will automatically be posted to Expenses according to the fees set in Preferences.
- If the payment is declined, the transaction will appear in red along with the reason in the ProPay Response field. Right-click on the transaction and select Manage ProPay Credit Card if you need to re-enter or add new credit card information. When finished, resubmit the transaction.
- If you have verified with the customer that the card information is correct, sign in to your ProPay account to ensure that your subscription has not lapsed.
- You can also check to ensure ProPay's status is operational.
This method is also used when using ProPay but processing outside of the Boulevard application. If you use a different credit card processor, you can also use this method to track the payments and associated fees in Boulevard. Before proceeding, ensure that your processor fees have been entered under the Plug-ins tab in Preferences.
- Select the checkbox next to each transaction that has already been processed.
- From the toolbar, click .
- In the Credit Receivable Expense form, if necessary, enter the Date the transaction was processed.
- From the Fee Type drop-down, select the appropriate option, and if necessary, enter the Amount.
- When finished, click OK . An entry will then be added to your expenses.
Note: To ensure a valid expense category is assigned to the expense entry, we do not recommend changing the Category from the Credit Receivable Expense pop-up. Instead, select a different default category from Preferences.
- Edit Memo: To add or edit the memo field for the transaction
- Manage ProPay Credit Card: To add and/or change the credit card information
- View Profile: To open the contact's profile