Specific settings for a contact such as a default discount, sales tax rate, invoice ship to address, and other various options can be set from their contact profile.
Set a Default Discount
- From the profile toolbar, click on Utilities then Settings.
- Under the Discount section, add the desired discount percent amount in the Discount field.
- From the drop-down list, choose a Discount Type, or click ... to add new or edit an existing type.
- Click OK to accept and close the form.
- If prompted, click Yes to save the profile.
Other Profile Settings
- Invoice Followup: A system-generated calendar entry is created for customer follow up (in days) after the customer is invoiced if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab.
- Email Invoice: Select an option to email invoices if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab (an email address needs to be stored in the Email 1 field on profile).
- Sales Tax: Set a custom sales tax rate that is different than what is set in Preferences: Business Info tab.
- Tax Shipping: Specifies whether tax is calculated on shipping if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab.
- Default: Choose the type of discount given to the customer. The default is Standard. Other default types include Personal Use / Own Use*, Native Indian*, Hostess Credit, Birthday/Anniversary, or Business Supplies. The default types cannot be deleted, however, additional types can be created.
Enter a discount percent that will be applied when invoiced (this amount can be overwritten on the invoice).
- Birthday: Select Use Preferences to automatically apply a discount during their birthday month that is set in Preferences: Invoice tab; or specify a different percentage.
* Applies to the Canadian version only.
- Favored Customer: This can be set if the contact is a favored customer. The Favored setting can be filtered from the Contact List.
- Potential Consultant: This can be set if the contact is a potential consultant. The Potential Consultant can be filtered from the Customer List.
- Uses Basic Skin Care: This can be set if the customer regularly uses one of the basic skincare lines. The Uses Basic Skin Care can be filtered from the Customer List.
- Exclude From Dashboard: Set this option to not include this customer in the dashboard's Top Customers listing (typically used for personal use and business supplies profiles).