You can print a report, mailing labels, or send a personalized email directly from the customer list. First, access the Birthdays view from the customer list toolbar, by selecting Birthdays from the View drop-down.
- From the Filter slide out*, under the Birthday drop-down, select a month (or select Custom to enter a custom date range). View
- Continue with the steps below to print as a report or mailing labels, or send a group email.
* From the Edit menu, select Settings, then Alerts & Colors. Select Use filter slide outs, then click OK to save and close.
- To print as a report, from the toolbar select Print then choose View.
- From the preview window, click to print (or to export as a pdf).
- When finished, to remove the filter set, click Clear Filters, then from the View drop-down select the Default view (skip this step if you will be printing mailing labels or sending an email).
Tip!: Before printing, Right-click on any column header and choose Best Fit (all columns) to automatically adjust the column widths.
Print Mailing Labels
- Ensure that the Birthday filter is set, then select the checkboxes next to the names to be selected (or the checkbox column header to select all).
- From the customer list toolbar, select Print then choose Mailing Labels.
- From the Mailing Label Options form, select the following options Label Type, Use Name, and Font, then click OK .
- When finished, to remove the filter set, click Clear Filters, then from the View drop-down select the Default view (skip this step if you will be printing a report or sending an email).
Send an Email View
Please Note: Ensure that your Outgoing Email Settings have been added in Preferences before proceeding with the instructions below.
- Ensure that the Birthday filter is set and the Has Email filter, to ensure you're only selecting contacts with an email listed in the Email 1 field of their profile.
- Click the checkboxes next to the names to be selected (or the checkbox column header to select all).
- From the toolbar, click to launch the message (See Send Personalized Group Email Messages for more information).
- After composing the email, click .
- When finished, to remove the filter set, click Clear Filters, then from the View drop-down select the Default view (skip this step if you will be printing a report or mailing labels).
A copy of each email message will be added to your email provider's Sent folder. Each recipient will have an event logged into their Contact Log that an email message was sent. To view, open their profile and click on the Contact Log tab.
- You can also automatically apply a birthday discount to invoices during a contact's birthday month. Set the option and discount percent in Preferences (Edit menu > Preferences > Invoice tab).
- To add additional fields to the view, see Add, Move, or Hide Columns on the Customer List.
- To hide any columns (applicable when printing as a report), right-click on the column header and select Hide This Column.
- Not getting the results you expect? See Quick Filters & Column Sort for more information about filters you may have applied, and how to remove them.
- 📷 Birthday Images
- Customer Birthdays ֍