Boulevard can track items that have been invoiced, but are not in your current inventory. After receiving an inventory order into your software program, Boulevard will then give you an alert to view your backordered product and allow you to mark them as delivered when ready.
Note: Tracking and delivering backordered products does not change your inventory in any way. It is simply a method for keeping track of the products owed to your customers.
To Track Backorders:
- From the Shortcuts form, click Preferences (or from the Edit menu, select Preferences).
- Click on the Invoice tab, and check Track Backordered product.
- Click OK to save and close the Preferences.
- When an item is added to an invoice that is not in stock, it will be tracked under the Backordered Product form automatically.
Mark a Customer Backorder as delivered:
- From the Shortcuts form, click Backordered Product (or from the Product menu, select Backordered Product).
- Select the desired item, then either click Item Delivered or Item Remove (both options remove the item from the list, but do not change your current on-hand inventory).
- Click OK to save any changes made, and close the form.
- (1) Qty:
- Displays the quantity of each backordered product
- (2) Delivered:
- Enter the quantity of each item that has been delivered, or click the Item Delivered button to match the Qty field
- (3) Part #:
- Displays the part number of the item, as it appears in the Product List
- (4) Description:
- Displays the description of the item, as it appears in the Product List
- (5) Customer:
- Displays the customer that is owed the backordered items
- (6) Invoice:
- Displays the invoice number that contained the out of stock items
- (7) Date:
- Displays the date the invoice was generated
- (8) OK:
- Saves any changes made, and close the form
- (9) Cancel:
- Closes the form and does not save any changes made since the form was opened last
- (10) Item Delivered:
- Adds the same amount from the Qty field to the Delivered field
- (11) Item Remove:
- Removes the item from the list
- (12) Delivered All:
- Adds the same amount from the Qty field to the Delivered field for all items on the list
- (13) Print:
- Choose to print a listing that is grouped by customers or product, and additional filtering to print all customers with backordered items or a specific customer, or by product
- (14) Add Item:
- Adds an item to the backordered form that has been previously invoiced