Creating a view allows you to group contacts and filter based on the criteria you set. The example below is creating a Customers Grouped by City view. Once the view has been created, the view can then be filtered to include customers that live in specific cities and added to the List Builder.
- From the Customer list tool bar click , then select Create View.
- Under the Name field, enter Customers Grouped by City (or give it a name of your choosing).
- Select the Default template to base the new view on, then click OK . (Template choices are Default, Birthdays, Cards, or a view you have previously created)
- To add the City column click , then select Column Chooser then use the drag and drop method to add the City column to the desired location on the current view.
- To hide any unwanted columns, right click on the column header and select Hide This Column.
- Hover over the City column, click the and select the desired city to filter on.
- Select next to each name to be included.
- From the customer list tool bar, click and choose New List. (If creating a New List, give the list a Description, then click OK .)
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to filter on a different city, then click and choose Add to List.
- From the List Builder form, under Name Lists, select the previously created list to add the contacts to.
The same concept can be used for the unit and address list as well as adding any of the available columns for each list. (See Creating a View or Custom Report for more information about creating views.)
See List Builder for information on working with the List Builder.