The most crucial aspect of wrapping up your business' year-end pertains to inventory. The Inventory Listing by Category report is time-sensitive. Before entering any new tax year information, you'll want to ensure you capture this information. If you need to make any corrections before capturing your cost of goods on hand, see Make Inventory Adjustments.
When the On Hand inventory amounts are accurate for year-end, we recommend not only printing but also exporting as a pdf so that you have an electronic copy.
- From the Business Tools menu, select Reports (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Reports).
- Under the Tax section, select the Inventory Listing by Category report, then click Print (or double-click on the report).
- From the preview window, click to print (or to export as a pdf).
Taking a backup allows you to go back and see a "snapshot" of what your inventory was at the time the backup was taken and can then be accessed in the future, if necessary.
- From the File menu, select Backup.
- From the Save in drop-down options (or if you click This PC or Computer from the left-hand side), navigate to where you'd like to save the .zip backup file.
- For clarity, we recommend using the tax year for the backup file name (i.e., 20XXYEAR-END).
- When finished, click Save.
- If necessary, click OK to acknowledge that the backup process is complete.
- If you did not print the Inventory Listing by Category report before entering sales and inventory order information for the new year, the Estimated Inventory Value report can be printed for the previous year instead.
- Archive Product
- Create a Historical Inventory Order without Changing On Hand Amounts
- Back up to an Online Option Automatically (Cloud-based)
- Close Year-End & Run Tax Reports