Below is a listing of the changes included in Boulevard 2023 released on August 8, 2022. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us. To install the new version upon its release, see Download & Install Boulevard. To take a look at some of the new features in Boulevard 2023, see Webinar: Boulevard 2023 New Features & General FAQs.
Important: After installing the new version of Boulevard, please check each tab in Preferences (sales tax rate, email settings, default backup location, etc.). Some of your settings may not transfer during the upgrade installation due to necessary changes made and may need to be updated.
New Features & Enhancements
- Various settings will now be stored in your database when installing a new version instead of reverting to default settings (backup settings, email settings, and various color settings).
- Set Default Profile Tab, Change Font Sizes, & More!
- Set a custom Discount Type for Standard & Birthday discounts. View
- Discount Types will be displayed alphabetically on invoices and contact profiles.
- Product sets are now itemized on the printed invoice. View
- Boulevard will now include additional security by password protecting your data file to help prevent unauthorized access outside of the software application.
- The Section number is now tracked at the product profile level, allowing further granulation on tax settings and filtering (such as Section 1 for retail items, Section 2 for supplies, and Section 5 in Canada for Daily Benefits items). Previously, the product section was determined by which category the item was stored in.
- Tax fields and forms for Canada have been simplified in Preferences, on Invoices, Inventory Orders, and the Getting Started form that appears for new users.
- The Inventory Listing by Category report now includes all retail products by default (including Daily Benefits - Section 5 for Canada) and any negative amounts.
- The Product Purchases report has been redesigned in a portrait format and simplified to include all retail sections, supplies, tax, and any additional discounts given. View
- Tax will now be included on Inventory Orders and reflected on the Product Purchases report for Direct Ship and Guest Checkout invoices.
- The Estimated Inventory Value report now uses your Default Discount set and does not include Direct Ship or Guest Checkout invoices. It will also not include Shipping or Gift Certificates added to invoices.
- The Inventory Orders grid includes all sections in the Retail and Wholesale columns, the Tax field combines all section taxes, and a Total column has been added.
- The Fill Order pop-up will filter for Retail or Supplies when selecting the List button on an order.
- An Add'l Discount field has been added to the inventory order for the US, which allows you to apply any special discounts the company is offering (previously, it was only used in other countries).
- When loading a regular product update, duplicate part numbers for the same item will automatically merge into the newest part number. Previously, they could only be merged manually from the product list.
- When selecting to print product usage information for a specific product, it will now open a preview form instead of directly printing, and include the name of the product along with the date range being filtered.
- Add or edit Ideals in the Usage by Month view in the product list.
- The Product Categories form used in the Product List has been simplified to show which categories are Retail (items intended for resale) or Supply (business supplies not intended for resale).
- Added Taxable GST, Taxable PST, and Taxable HST column options that can be added from the Column Chooser in the product list for Canada.
- Added a Section column option that can be added from the Column Chooser in the product list for all countries.
- The Product Lookup form used in various areas of the application will now filter to include All Categories by default (not just Section 1).
- The Invoice Notes option has been added to Delete Data from under the File menu to allow you to easily remove old invoice notes to decrease the size of your data file. Take a backup before using this feature. View
- Upon completion of a successful backup, Boulevard will now display an alert message that does not require an acknowledgment that the backup had successfully finished. If Boulevard is backing up upon exit, after the alert message has disappeared, Boulevard will automatically close. View
- When selecting to print expense categories, it will now open a preview form instead of directly printing.
- If you are using Windows 11, the overall look of Boulevard has been updated to use the Windows 11 theme (rounded corners, etc.) View
- Necessary changes to the Avenue app for handling the new tax calculations have been incorporated.
- Added the ability to restore a backup if an error occurs when opening Boulevard (usually an Unrecognized Database Format error due to corruption in the data file). Previously, Boulevard would have to be closed, the data file located and renamed or deleted before Boulevard would open and a backup file could be restored.
- The application will no longer hang if an impending message is not acknowledged when you exit the program and had selected to run the automatic backup feature. You will now be prompted with a message box.
- Include Dovetail/Other print setting on the WAS has been corrected and will print if enabled.
- Underscores will be included when validating email format on contact profiles.
- Product profiles will no longer prompt to save when closing unless a change has been made.
- On the Weekly Accomplishment Sheet, when a gift certificate is sold, the amount will only be displayed in the Gift Certificate Sold column on-screen, and if Include Dovetail/Other is selected when printing, the amount will appear in the Dovetail/Other/GC Sold column. It will also not be included in the Sales (less tax), or Gross Receipts report until the gift certificate is redeemed for the actual product sold.
- Disabled the Taxable option on the product profile if the Gift Certificate option has been selected. Tax should not be collected for gift certificates being sold. Tax will be calculated when redeemed for products sold.
- When setting a section 2 item as a Sample sale type on an invoice, the cost of the sample will now also be included in the Gift Section 2 field on the WAS.
- If columns have been added to the List Builder, after editing names, the list will not revert back to the default columns displayed.
View the Service Releases page for more information about additional fixes and enhancements included.