Boulevard tracks additional income earned from sources other than invoices, in the Expense area. The types of entries that can be added include but are not limited to income, expenses, and mileage, each of which is grouped separately when expense reports are generated.
Examples of additional income
- Company commission checks (which can also be split to include expenses such as insurance, etc.)
- Dovetail Income
- Income earned from a class you booked but had another consultant hold or customer shipping charges (an entry in expenses is not needed for customer shipping charges as it is recorded on their invoice and reflected on Gross Receipts reports).
- Fees Collected
- Income collected for meetings, or any other event, etc. (If you have paid fees for a meeting room, income entered will offset the expense entry of the room when entered.)
- From the Business Tools menu, select Expenses (or from the main toolbar, click Expenses).
- Click the button to create a new entry.
- Enter applicable information such as Pay To, Memo, Check #, Date, and Amount.
- From the Category drop-down list, select the appropriate income category, or select the Split... button to create an entry that includes multiple categories.
- When finished, click Save or Save & New button to add another entry.