Boulevard tracks additional income earned from sources other than invoices, in the Expense area.
The types of entries that can be added include income, expenses and mileage; each of which are grouped separately when expense reports are generated (i.e. Annual Expense report).
Examples of additional income:
- Company commission checks (which can also be split to include expenses such as insurance, etc.)
- Dovetail income:
- Income earned from a class you booked, but had another consultant hold. (Not common. You'll want to ask your director for more information about dovetail income.)
- Fees collected:
- Income collected for meetings, or any other event, etc. (If you have paid fees for a meeting room, income entered will offset the expense entry of the room when entered.)
- From the Shortcuts form, click Expenses.
- Click the button to create a new entry.
- Enter applicable information such as Check #, Date, and Amount.
- From the Category drop-down list, select the appropriate income category, or select the Split... button to create an entry that includes multiple categories.
- When finished, click Enter to save, or the Save and New button to add another entry.