To utilize the BTR you'll need to set up virtual envelopes and assign percentages to them, allocate your expense categories for tracking in the BTR, and finally add deposits and transactions.
Setting up your envelopes:
- From the Shortcuts form, click Business Tracking Register(or from the Business Tools menu, select Business Tracking Register).
- Click to define envelope labels, and allocate a percentage to each (combined envelope percentages must equal 100%).
- Click OK when finished.
Default Categories & Suggested Percentages:
- Inventory: 55% (50% for Section 1 & 5% for Section 2)
- Sales Tools: 5% (Preferred Customer Program)
- Bus. Income: 40% (Profit)
Allocating Expense Categories:
- From the Shortcuts form, click Expenses (or from the Business Tools menu, select Expenses).
- Click then select Expense Categories from the drop-down menu.
- In the list, find the category you want to track in the BTR, and select the BTR category from the drop-down items listed under the Business Tracking field.
- Click OK to save.