To utilize the BTR you'll need to set up virtual envelopes and assign percentages to them, allocate your expense categories for tracking in the BTR, and finally add deposits and transactions.
Step 1: Setting up your envelopes
- From the Business Tools menu, select Business Tracking Register (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Tools, then Business Tracking Register).
- Click to define the envelope labels, and allocate a percentage to each (combined envelope percentages must equal 100%).
- Click OK when finished.
Default Categories & Suggested Percentages:
- Inventory (55%): 50% for Section 1 (Retail Product) and 5% for Section 2 (Supplies)
- Sales Tools (5%): Marketing (PC Program, personal website, etc.)
- Bus. Income (40%): Profit (It is recommended that the amounts for envelopes 1 -5 be deducted from Bus. Income)
Step 2: Allocating Expense Categories
- From the Business Tools menu, select Expenses (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Expenses).
- Click then select Categories from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the category you want to track and select the BTR category from the drop-down items listed under the Business Tracking field.
- Click OK to save.