Boulevard allows you to keep track of your bank deposits, with a complete list of all check and cash payments in each deposit as well as ProPay™ payment transfers into your bank account. Deposit information can be added manually, or by importing payments already recorded under the contact's account.
Once the deposits are added, you will have the ability to edit or delete individual deposits or view a complete listing at any time. Deposits can be imported into the Business Tracking Register BTR.
Create a New Deposit
- From the Business Tools menu, click Deposits (or from the main toolbar, click Tools, then select Deposits).
- From the Deposit toolbar, click to begin creating a new deposit.
- If necessary, change the Date to correspond with the actual date the deposit was made with your bank.
- Using one of the methods below enter all transactions that are to be included in the deposit.
There are two ways to add items to the deposit; adding existing payments (usually from customers), or manually adding a transaction on the deposit. Most of the time you will use the first method - adding existing payments. The other method is used when you are depositing funds that do not have an invoice associated with it.
- Click Payments and if necessary change the date in the Show all payments entered after field.
- Cash and check payments recorded from customer invoices and payments made to their account will appear in this list. Select the checkbox next to each payment included in the bank deposit.
- Click OK to transfer the selected payments to the Deposit form.
- If a manual line item needs to be added, in the Deposit table, enter the appropriate information including the check number, amount, and who the payment is from. If the deposit is going to be imported into the BTR, an amount must be entered in the Sales w/o tax field, otherwise, the deposit amount will be recorded as 0.
- After payments have been added and the amount in the Total field matches the amount of your bank deposit, click OK to save the deposit.
Deleting a line item:
Select the payment from the table then right-click and select Delete.
Edit a Completed Deposit
- Select the deposit from the table, and from the Deposit toolbar, click to access the deposit (or right-click and select Edit).
- When finished click OK .
Note: If you edit or delete a deposit that has already been imported into the BTR, the amounts do not change in the BTR itself. The transactions will need to also be edited in the BTR to reflect the changes
Deposit History Toolbar & Columns:
- Opens the form to create a new deposit
- Edits the deposit
- Prints an itemized copy of the deposit View
- Deletes the deposit
- The date the deposit was made
- The total amount of all payments included in the deposit
- The number of payments included in the deposit. Tip: Hover over the count to view a snapshot of the payments.