A Prepack is an item that is made up of a group of products that never change, for example, seasonal looks, or special company promotions. You would define this set as a prepack since the individual items always remain the same.
When you order a prepack from the company, the individual items included in the prepack are automatically added to your inventory.
When you add the prepack to a customer's invoice, Boulevard automatically subtracts the individual items included in the prepack from your inventory. The printed/pdf copy of the invoice will show the contents of the prepack, but will not show the individual prices, only the price assigned to the prepack.
Note: Before creating the prepack, you'll want to ensure that you have created product profiles for all items that you'd like to track and/or displayed within the product bundle (the example below uses a Seasonal Mug).
Create a Prepack
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar click Inventory).
- From the product list toolbar, click New, then select Pre-Pack from the drop-down list.
- In the Product Itemize form, click Lookup to add all products included in the prepack.
- In the Qty field, enter the quantity of each individual item contained in the collection.
- When finished adding items, click OK to save and close the form.
- Assign the prepack a part number and give it a description. For the example shown creating a set with two hand creams and a mug, MUGSET is used for the Part Number and Coffee & Cream Gift Set for the Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want the collection located.
- Under the Pricing section, enter the amount you will charge in the Retail/Cost field (or leave blank if you will be entering a custom price each time you add it to an invoice).
- If applicable, select the Taxable checkbox, then click to save the newly created prepack.
- To view or print the contents of a collection, from the profile toolbar, click Itemize then Print . View
- Product Profile Types
- Create & Invoice a Product Collection
- You can convert any prepack to a set from the Product List; simply
right-click on the prepack and choose Change to set.
- Create a Product Set
- We'll create custom product bundles (collections, prepacks, and sets) for each season when subscribed to the Product Update Service.