A prepack is an item that is made up of a group of products that never change, for example, seasonal looks, or special company promotions. You would define this set as a prepack since the individual items always remain the same.
When you order a prepack from the company, the individual items that make up the prepack are automatically added to your inventory.
When you add the prepack to a customer's invoice, Boulevard automatically subtracts the individual items that make up the prepack from your inventory (pre-pack items are listed individually on the printed invoice and in the customer's product history).
Create a Prepack
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar click Inventory).
- From the product list toolbar, click New, then select Pre-Pack from the drop-down list.
- In the Product Itemize form, click Lookup to add all products included in the pre-pack.
- In the Qty field, enter the quantity of each individual item contained in the collection.
- When finished adding items, click OK to save and close the form.
- Assign the prepack a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a hand cream with mug set, you could enter MUGSET for the part number and Coffee & Cream Set for the Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want the collection located.
- Under the Pricing section, enter the amount you will charge in the Retail/Cost field.
- Click to save the newly created prepack.
Note: The printed/pdf copy of the invoice will show the contents of the pre-pack, but will not show the individual prices, only the price assigned to the pre-pack. View
- To view or print the contents of a collection, from the profile toolbar, click Itemize. View
- Create & Invoice a Product Collection
- You can convert any pre-pack to a set from the Product List; simply
right-click on the pre-pack and choose Change to set.
- Create a Product Set
- We'll create custom Collections and Pre-packs for each season when subscribed to the Product Update Service.