A Set is similar to a pre-pack, but you can choose to keep an on-hand amount (or even ideal level) for the set and split the set as needed (when invoiced, a pre-pack will reduce the individual On Hand amounts of all items included). See Create a Product Collection if you want to add a product group that allows you to choose a specific item for each customer when adding to an invoice.
Tip: Before creating the set, you'll want to ensure that you have created product profiles for all items that you'd like to track within the product bundle (the example below uses a Seasonal Tea Cup).
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the main toolbar click Inventory).
- From the product list toolbar, click New, then select Set from the drop-down list.
- Use Lookup to add all products that make up the set. Once the product is correctly itemized, click OK to save and close the Product Itemize form.
- Assign the set a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a gift set that included a hand cream with a teacup, you could enter TEASET1 for the part number and Pamper To a Tea! Set for the Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want the set located.
- In the Pricing section, enter the amount you will be charging for the set in the Retail/Cost field (or leave blank if you will be entering a custom price each time you add it to an invoice).
- If applicable, select the Taxable* checkbox, then click Save to save the newly created set.
* In Boulevard 2023, for the Canadian version, click Settings, then select Advanced Settings to select the taxable settings.