A Product Collection is a special grouping of products which contain both constant (brushes, compact, etc.), and variable items which are selected at the time of the sale for the individual customer (eye colors, lip colors, fragrance, etc.).
When adding the product collection to a customer's invoice, you will be prompted to select the variable products for that particular customer. The products selected will then be automatically subtracted from inventory at the time of sale.
When a collection has been purchased the printed invoice will show the individual items from the collection, but only the retail amount charged for the collection, not each individual product amount. This allows you to add extra for packaging and other items included in the collection.
Create a Product Collection
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the main toolbar click Inventory).
- From the product list toolbar, click New, then select Collection from the drop-down list.
- In the Product Itemize form, click Lookup to add all products that make up the collection that does not change (compacts, brushes, etc.). For each variable item that is decided at the time of the sale, click Group Lookup to add a group.
- In the Qty field, enter the quantity of each individual item contained in the collection.
Important Note: If you want the collection to contain more than one of the same type of product, you must enter the group name on more than one line. For example, if the collection contains three different eye colors, enter three line items both with the group name Eye Color.
- When finished adding items to the collection, click OK to save and close the Product Itemize form.
- Assign the collection a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a filled Petite Palette, enter PETITE for the part number and Filled Petite Palette for the description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want collection located.
- Under the Pricing section, enter the amount you will charge in the Retail/Cost field.
- Click to save the newly created collection.