A Set is similar to a Pre-pack (an item that is made up of a group of products that never change), but you can choose to keep an on-hand amount (or even ideal level) for the set and split the set as needed.
To create a set
- From the Shortcuts form, click Create New Product (or from the product list, click ).
- Assign the set a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a hand cream with mug set, you could enter TEASET for the part number and Pamper To a Tea! for the Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want set located (option: assign the set to a group or leave the field blank).
- In the Pricing area, enter the amount you will be charging for the set in the Retail/Cost field.
- To specify the items included in the set, on the Product form toolbar, select the Itemize button.
- In the Product Itemize form Product type box, select Set.
- Use Lookup to add all products that make up the set.
- Once the product is correctly itemized, click OK to save and close the Product Itemize form, then click to save the newly created set.
- For items that are pre-packs or sets, when opening the product profile, the contents table has been enlarged to view and print a list of the items included. View