A Prepack is an item that is made up of a group of products that never change, for example, the seasonal color sets Mary Kay offers. You would define this set as a pre-pack since the individual items always remain the same.
When you add the pre-pack to a customer's invoice, Boulevard automatically subtracts the individual items that make up the pre-pack from your inventory (pre-pack items are listed individually on the printed invoice and in the customer's product history). When you order a pre-pack from the company, the individual items that make up the pre-pack are automatically added to your inventory.
To create a prepack
- From the Shortcuts form, click Create New Product (or from the product list, click ).
- Assign the prepack a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a hand cream with mug set, you could enter MUGSET for the part number and Coffee & Cream Set for the Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want prepack located.
- Leave the Group field blank as they do not apply to prepacks.
- In the Pricing area, enter the amount you charge for the prepack in the Retail/Cost field.
- To define the prepack, on the Product form toolbar, select the Itemize button.
- In the Product Itemize form Product type box, select Prepack.
- Use Lookup to add all products that make up the set.
- Once the product is correctly itemized, click OK to save and close the Product Itemize form, then click to save the newly created collection.