A Prepack is an item that is made up of a group of products that never change, for example the seasonal color sets Mary Kay offers. You would define this set as a prepack since the individual items always remain the same.
When you add the prepack to a customer's invoice, Boulevard automatically subtracts the individual items that make up the prepack from your inventory (prepack items are listed individually on the printed invoice and in the customer's product history). When you order a prepack from the company, the individual items that make up the prepack are automatically added to your inventory.
To create a prepack
- From the Shortcuts form, click Create New Product (or from the product list, click ).
- Assign the prepack a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a hand cream with mug set, you could enter MUGSET for the part number and Coffee & Cream Set for the Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want prepack located.
- Leave the Group field blank as they do not apply to prepacks.
- In the Pricing area, enter the amount you charge for the prepack in the Retail/Cost field.
- To define the prepack, on the Product form toolbar, select the Itemize button.
- In the Product Itemize form Product type box, select Prepack.
- Use Lookup to add all products that make up the set.
- Once the product is correctly itemized, click OK to save and close the Product Itemize form, then click to save the newly created collection.