There are several ways to launch and create a new invoice in Boulevard. Choose from the following options listed below.
- From any list (customer, unit, or address list) select the desired contact, then from the list's toolbar click Invoice View
- From the profile toolbar, click Invoice, then select New (or Historical) View
- From the Products tab on the profile, select the checkbox next to items being reordered. Click then select Add to New Invoice View
- From the Account & Invoice tab on the profile, under the Invoice section click then select New Invoice View
- From the Shortcuts form under the Sales group, click New Invoice. If the contact is already in Boulevard and selected from a list, the invoice form will launch. Otherwise, the Contact Lookup screen will be displayed allowing for further search or adding the contact. View
- Ensure only the contact's name is selected, then right-click and choose New Invoice View
- Using the keyboard shortcut, press Ctrl + I. If the contact is already in Boulevard and selected from a list, the invoice form will launch. Otherwise, the Contact Lookup screen will be displayed allowing for further search or adding the contact. View
After selecting Save to complete the invoice, Boulevard will update several areas of the program automatically based on information from the invoice as well as the contact's personal preferences if set.
Areas automatically updated:
- Next Contact Date
- A Follow-up Action Item will be added to the calendar.
- The contact's account balance changes to reflect the invoice total.
- The contact's product history reflects the items on the invoice, including items returned.
- On-hand inventory quantities are updated.
- The Weekly Accomplishment Sheet (WAS) is updated to reflect the sale, and other information added to the invoice.
- Sales history for each individual product
- If applicable, an entry is added to the Non-Recovered Sales Tax Summary report (and any other report that applies).
- For more articles regarding invoicing, view the Invoice category.
- Import a Customer Website/Direct Ship order
Tip: Historical invoices can also be created which allow you to enter the sale and choose whether or not the items included on the invoice are deducted from your current inventory, an entry is added to the WAS, sample follow-up date is added to the calendar, the customer's Last Contact date updated, and if the customer's current account balance is updated.