An invoice can be initiated for any contact already in Boulevard, or even begun before creating a profile for them. If the contact is already in Boulevard, select their name from the list they are on (Customer, Unit, or Address).
Choose from one of the following options:
- From the contact's profile tool bar, click
- From any list (customer, unit, or address list) select the desired contact, then from the list's tool bar click
- From the Shortcuts form, click Create New Invoice
- On the main toolbar, select the button
- Select the contact's name then right-click and choose New Invoice
- Using the keyboard shortcut, press Ctrl + I
If the contact is already in Boulevard and selected from a list, the invoice form will launch. Otherwise the Contact Lookup form will be displayed allowing for further search or adding the contact.
After the invoice form is displayed, items can be added, discounts given, payments applied, along with a host of other options.
Finalizing the Invoice:
After selecting OK to complete the invoice, Boulevard will update several areas of the program automatically based on information from the invoice as well as the contact's personal preferences if set.
For more information, view the additional articles in the Invoice section.
Areas automatically updated:
- Next Contact Date
- A Follow-up Action Item will be added to the calendar.
- The contact's account balance changes to reflect the invoice total.
- The contact's product history reflects the items on the invoice, including items returned.
- On-hand inventory quantities are updated.
- The Weekly Accomplishment Sheet (WAS) is updated to reflect the sale, and other information added to the invoice.
- Sales history for each individual product
- If applicable, an entry is added to the Non-Recovered Sales Tax Summary report (and any other report that applies).