Track business mileage along with destinations, reasons for the trip, and the vehicle driven in the Trip Log. A per-mile rate can be entered to allow Boulevard to calculate the total deduction based on the rate entered and the total number of miles for a specified time period for a particular vehicle or all vehicles.
Access the Trip Log from the Business Tools menu, select Trip Log (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar click Trip Log).
- Click to create a new entry, or if using a previously saved trip, double-click the desired trip from the Memorized section in the sidebar.
- Add the vehicle if it is the first time being added, or choose a previously used vehicle from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Date, and Begin odometer and End odometer reading.
- In the grid area of the Trip Details form, for each segment of the trip, add the Destination and Reason for trip.
- To memorize the entire trip for future use, before saving the form, from the Memorize section, select the Memorize this Trip checkbox, then in the Description field, enter a name for this trip.
- When finished, click OK to save and close the form.
From the lower-left corner of the Trip Log, click Memorized.
- To rename a memorized trip, right-click on the memorized trip, then select Rename. When finished, click OK .
- To delete a memorized trip, right-click on the memorized trip, then select Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
Note: Memorized trips cannot be edited. Instead, delete the trip then when creating a new trip entry, select Memorize this Trip.
- From the Filter sidebar, in the Date Range field click ... and select a pre-defined range or choose Custom... to enter a custom range.
- From the Vehicle drop-down list, choose a vehicle (or leave the default <All Vehicles> selected).
- From the toolbar, click , then from the preview window, click to print (or to export as a pdf).
- After printing, from the toolbar, click to clear any filters you have set.
- If multiple vehicles are used, set one as default by clicking Settings from the lower, left-hand corner of the Trip Log, then select the desired vehicle from the options listed.