Boulevard can automatically add expense entries for the shipping on product orders once received into your inventory, for the fees charged when processing credit card transactions, and recurring expenses. You can also manually add or delete expense entries following the steps below (see Find and Edit an Expense Entry to edit an existing entry).
- From the Business Tools menu, select Expenses (or from Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Expenses).
- From the Expense toolbar, click to create a new entry.
- Enter the applicable information such as Pay To, Memo, Check #, Date, and Amount.
- From the Category drop-down list, select the appropriate category, or select the Split... button to create an entry that includes multiple categories.
- When finished, click Save or Save & New to add another entry.
Note: An expense entry can only be deleted if you are not currently editing or creating a new expense. If necessary, click Cancel before following the steps below.
- If needed, from the Filter sidebar in the Date Range field, click ... to select from one of the quick date options listed.
- To further filter, select from the options listed under Payee, Amount, Check #, or Category.
- From expense entries shown, select the expense to be deleted then from the expense toolbar click .
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
If you have registered with a Business Number, complete the following fields when entering an expense:
- GST: Enter the amount of GST paid (This field is disabled if no GST registration number has been entered in the Preferences under the Tax tab).
- GST Claimable: If this transaction can be claimed on your GST/HST Return for Registrants, select this option.
Boulevard will apply the deductible percentage for this income/expense category from the Expense Categories form and add it to the GST/HST Return for Registrants form.
- To view the entry created, click or to navigate, or in the Date Range field, click ... then select the date range.
- Click to access settings such as Auto-Fill by Payee, Categories, or Payees.
- If the previously entered transaction for the current Payee was split but the new transaction is not, see Create or Clear a Split Expense.
- Detailed Expense Listing
- Expense Reports