Use the Split Expense feature to add a single entry from the same receipt that has multiple categories. For example, when printing documents or fliers for advertising, and also purchasing pens and folders as office supplies.
Split a New Expense Entry
- From the Business Tools menu, select Expenses (or from the main toolbar, click Expenses).
- Click to create a new entry.
- Enter applicable information such as Pay To, Check #, Date, and the total amount of the expense being entered, in the Amount field.
- Click the Split... button to create an entry that includes multiple categories.
- On the first row in the Split Expense table, select the first category in the Category field. If desired, enter notes about that portion of the transaction in the Memo field.
- In the Amount field, type the transaction amount for that category.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6, adding new rows as necessary until you've split out the entire transaction amount.
- When finished, click OK to save and close the form, then click Save in the Expenses form to finish saving the transaction.
Clear a Split
- Next to the Split button, click and choose Clear.
- Continue entering other applicable information such as Memo, Check #, Date, and Amount.
- From the Category drop-down, select the applicable category.
- When finished, click Save .