- From the Shortcuts form, click Expenses (or from the Business Tools menu, select Expenses).
- From the Expense tool bar, click located next to the button and select Recurring Expense from the drop-down options listed.
- Enter a meaningful name in the Description field for the recurring expense (this can be the name of the Payee).
- Select a date from the Next Occurrence drop-down calendar (and if applicable, select a date from the End Date drop-down calendar).
- Under the Expense section, fill in the Pay to, Memo and Check # (if a credit card is used, we suggest specifying which card).
- Under the Recurrence section, under the Repeat drop down, select how often the expense should recur either Monthly by Date or Annually.
- If Monthly by Date was selected, under the Every drop-down, select from one of the options listed.
- Under the on the drop-down, select the specific date the expense will occur on.
- Under the Transactions section select the applicable expense Category, then the Amount (and optionally Memo field).
- If a recurring expense needs to be split among multiple categories, repeat step 9 until finished, then click OK to accept and close the form.
Edit, delete or move a future recurring expense
From the lower left hand area of the Expense form, select Recurring, then right click on the desired expense.
- For recurring expenses to populate, your Boulevard program and/or Expense form must be closed regularly.
- When a recurring or split expense transaction has been posted, the line entry will be marked with the following images to indicate a split or recurring expense. Hovering over the image will display additional information.
- The steps above can also be used for recurring income as well as expense transactions.