Expenses (or income entries) that repeat at the same interval each time (either monthly or annually) can be added as a Recurring Expense in Boulevard.
From the Business Tools menu, select Expenses (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Expenses).
- From the Expense toolbar, click located to the right of the button and select Recurring Expense from the drop-down options listed.
- Enter a meaningful name in the Description field for the recurring expense (this can be the name of the Payee).
- Select a date from the Next Occurrence drop-down calendar (and if applicable, select a date from the End Date drop-down calendar).
- Under the Expense section, fill in the Pay to, Memo, and Check # (if a credit card is used, we suggest specifying which card).
- Under the Recurrence section from the Repeat drop-down, select how often the expense should recur either Monthly by Date or Annually.
- If Monthly by Date was selected, under the Every drop-down, select from one of the options listed.
- Under the on the drop-down, select the specific date the expense will occur on.
- Under the Transactions section, select the applicable expense Category, then the Amount (and optionally Memo field).
- If a recurring expense needs to be split among multiple categories, repeat the previous step until finished, then click OK to accept and close the form.
- When creating a new recurring expense, if a past date is entered in the Next Occurrence field, all applicable entries through the End Date (or the current date if left blank), will be added.
- For recurring expenses to populate, your Boulevard program and/or expense screen must be closed regularly.
- When a recurring or split expense transaction has been posted, the line entry will be marked with the following images to indicate a split or recurring expense. Hovering over the image will display additional information.
- To delete or edit individual recurring transactions that have already been added, see Add or Delete an Expense Entry or Find and Edit an Expense Entry.
- Detailed Expense Listing
- Expense Reports