Add a New Entry
- From the Business Tools menu, select Expenses (or from the main toolbar, click Expenses).
- From the Expense toolbar, click to create a new entry.
- Enter applicable information such as Pay To, Memo, Check #, Date, and Amount.
- From the Category drop-down list, select the appropriate category, or select the Split... button to create an entry that includes multiple categories.
- When finished, click Save or Save & New to add another entry.
- To view the entry created, use the click or to navigate, or in the Date Range field, click then select the date range.
- Click to access settings such as Auto-Fill by Payee, Categories, or Payees.
- If the previously entered transaction for the current Payee was split but the new transaction is not, see Create or Clear a Split Expense.
Edit an Entry
- From the Filter sidebar using the Date Range, enter the date range of the expense to be edited.
- From the expense entries shown, double click on the entry (or select then from the expense toolbar click ).
- When finished, click Save .
Delete an Entry
- From the Filter sidebar using the Date Range, enter the date range of the expense to be deleted.
- From expense entries shown, select the expense then from the expense toolbar click .
- Click Yes to confirm deletion.
If you have registered with a Business Number, complete the following fields when entering an expense:
- Enter the amount of GST paid. (This field is disabled if no GST registration number has been entered in the Preferences under the Tax tab.)
- GST Claimable
- If this transaction can be claimed on your GST/HST Return for Registrants, select this option.
Boulevard will apply the deductible percentage for this income/expense category from the Expense Categories form and add it to the GST/HST Return for Registrants form.