Information in your Boulevard software can be exported in several different formats. Along with the standard views, you can also import additional views as well. The steps below give a general guide using the customer list and a few fields exporting in a CSV file (comma-separated value).
- From the File menu, select Export.
- Under the Format section, select either Email, Phone, or Address for the type of data you'd like to export.
- Under the Which List section, select which lists you'd like to be included (if exporting Phone format, also select which phone numbers under the Export numbers section).
- If desired, enter a date under the Filter section if you'd like to only export any contacts added since a particular date. Use the Additional Filters button for advanced filtering (such as only contacts from a specific city, etc.).
- Under the Save file name section, click ... to change the default location of where the file will be saved, then click Export.
- When finished, click OK, then Close.
Information Included with each format:
- Email: Email 1
- Phone: Option to include Home Phone, Work Phone, Cell Phone, and Other Phone
- Address: Name (includes First & Last Name), Street 1, Street 2, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, Email 1, and Home Phone
Step 1: Create a View
- From the toolbar of the list that you're working with, select View, then New from the drop-down options listed.
- In the Name field, give the view a name such as Exported Contact Info (we recommend that you create a view based on the Default layout).
- From the Template section, ensure that Default is selected, then click OK to save.
Step 2: Customize the View
From the list toolbar, you should now see Exported Contact Info in the View drop-down. Currently, this view looks exactly like the Default view. Now, you'll want to customize the Exported Contact Info view by hiding columns you don't want to include, and adding columns that you do want to be included in the export.
- Right-click any column header you want to remove, then select Hide This Column.
- To add fields, from the toolbar, click Column Chooser.
- From the Customization form that pops up in the lower right-hand corner, drag and drop each field onto the column header area at the top of the list.
Step 3: Preview & Export a View
- From the toolbar, click , then from the preview window, click to print (or to export as a pdf).
- Give the file a name and navigate to where you want to save the file, then click Save .
Delete a View
You can access this view from the View drop-down located on the contact list toolbar, however, if the view is no longer needed, it can be deleted.