Boulevard can track items that have been invoiced but are not in your current inventory. After receiving an inventory order into your software program, Boulevard will then give you an alert to view your back-ordered product and allow you to mark them as delivered when ready.
This method is recommended if you track inventory in Boulevard and your On Hand amounts are accurate.
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences (or from the Business group on the main toolbar click Preferences, then My Business Info).
- Click on the Invoice tab, and check Track Backordered product.
- Click OK to save and close Preferences.
- When an item is added to an invoice that is not in stock, it will be tracked under Backordered Products automatically.
This method is recommended if you do not track On Hand amounts in Boulevard.
Tip: Before proceeding, make a note of the invoice number associated with the back-ordered product (listed in the Account & Invoice tab of the contact profile).
- From the Product menu, select Backordered Product (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Backorders).
- From the Backordered Product form, click Add Item.
- From the Add Backorder form, enter the Part Number of the item, or click Lookup to locate and add the item.
- Enter the Invoice number associated with the back-ordered product.
- Click OK to add the entry, then OK to close the Backordered Product form.
Note: Tracking and delivering back-ordered products does not change your inventory in any way. It is simply a method for keeping track of the products owed to your customers.
- From the Product menu, select Backordered Product (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, select Backorders).
- Select the desired item, then either click Item Delivered or Item Remove (either option will remove the item from the list, but will not change your current on-hand inventory).
- Click OK to save any changes made, and close the form.
- Qty: Displays the quantity of each back-ordered product
- Delivered: Enter the quantity of each item that has been delivered, or click the Item Delivered button to match the Qty field
- Part #: Displays the part number of the item, as it appears in the Product List
- Description: Displays the description of the item, as it appears in the Product List
- Customer: Displays the customer that is owed the back-ordered items
- Invoice: Displays the invoice number that contained the out-of-stock items
- Date: Displays the date the invoice was generated
- OK: Saves any changes made, and close the form
- Cancel: Closes the form and does not save any changes made since the form was opened last
- Item Delivered: Adds the same amount from the Qty field to the Delivered field
- Item Remove: Removes the item from the list
- Delivered All: Adds the same amount from the Qty field to the Delivered field for all items on the list
- Print: Choose to print a listing that is grouped by customers or product, and additional filtering to print all customers with back-ordered items or a specific customer, or by product
- Add Item: Adds an item to the back-ordered form that has been previously invoiced