Information in your Boulevard software can be exported in several different formats. The steps below give a general guide using the customer list and a few fields exporting in a CSV file (comma separated value).
To begin, we recommend that you create a view based on the Default layout.
Creating a View:
- From the customer list toolbar, click and select Create View from the drop down options listed.
- In the Name field, give the view a name such as Exported Contact Info.
- From the Template section, ensure that Default is selected, then click OK to save and close the Add View form.
From the customer list toolbar you should now see Exported Contact Info in the View drop down. This view looks exactly like the Default view when you open your customer list. Now, you'll want to customize the Exported Contact Info view by hiding columns you don't want to include, and adding columns that you do want included in the export.
Customizing the View
- Right click any column header you want to remove, then select Hide This Column.
- From the customer list toolbar, click and select Column Chooser.
- From the lower right-hand corner of the customer list in the Customization form, drag and drop each field onto the customer list to be included in the export (e.g. Email 1, etc.).
Preview & Export the View
- When finished, from the customer list toolbar click and select Print Preview.
- From the Preview form, click next to and select CSV File (or choose one of the other file format options listed), then click OK .
- Give the file a name and navigate to where you want to save the file, then click Save .
You can access this view anytime from the View drop down located on your customer list toolbar. If the view is no longer needed, it can be deleted.
Deleting the View
- Select the view to be deleted from the View drop down.
- From the customer list toolbar, click and select Delete from the drop down options listed.
- Click Yes to confirm.