When creating direct ship orders in Boulevard, the items added to the invoice will not be deducted from on-hand inventory amounts. When the invoice has been completed, an inventory order will be generated for accurate production tracking for seminar recognition and tax purposes.
Note: The invoice sale type Direct Ship, is used for both EZ Ship and regular Customer Delivery Service orders you initiate to be shipped from the company to your customer, or customers registered on your personal website.
- Create a new invoice for the contact.
- From the Sale drop-down menu, select Guest Checkout or Direct Ship.
- After selecting the type of direct ship invoice, if applicable, click OK to acknowledge and close the reminder form.
- Add items to the invoice by entering the part number, using a partial Description search, dragging and dropping from the contact's previous purchase history, or using Lookup.
- Apply any necessary discounts. A percent discount can be applied to an individual item from the Disc% field. Or, apply a discount to the entire invoice from the Discount section at the bottom of the invoice. Alternatively, you can apply a Flat Amount. The Percent and Flat Amount discount options cannot be used together.
- From the Details tab, if applicable, enter any shipping amount you collected from your customer in the Shipping field.
- From the Product Order tab, select Add Shipping to Product Order and enter the shipping amount the company charged in the Shipping field. View
- If the company charged additional taxes than what was collected from the customer (typically due to tax on a customer premium being added or shipping, etc.), follow the steps under the Handling Additional Sales Tax Collected section before saving the invoice.
- After ensuring all items have been successfully added, make any final additions or changes to the invoice, a form of payment, and whether you want to print or email the invoice.
- When finished, select Save to complete the transaction.
The following defaults are applicable for direct ship type invoices:
- Promotional items (section 2 premiums) are marked as a Gift line item (Type).
- Other section 2 items are marked as Sample line items (Type).
- The cost of promotional items (customer premiums/deluxe minis) and applicable sales tax will not appear on the Weekly Accomplishment Sheet but will be recorded on the Product Purchases report.
- Import a Customer Website/Direct Ship order
- Record Shipping on Invoices