After taking a physical count of your current inventory, you're ready to create what is referred to as a mock order because it's not a real order, just the way to enter your current inventory amounts. Using this method ensures that your beginning inventory quantities will be accurate.
Important Note: If you are not new to Boulevard, and are re-entering your corrected inventory amounts, before proceeding ensure that you have cleared your current on-hand inventory counts.
Step 1: Creating the Mock Order
- From the Shortcuts form, click Inventory Orders (or from the Product menu, select Inventory Order).
- In the Inventory Orders form toolbar, click to open a new, blank order form.
- Change the Description field from the current month to the word Mock; the Date can be left as today's date.
- Click Fill by List... to add the amounts taken from your physical count in the Qty column.
Note: If you have a lot of inventory, it is recommended that you periodically save your work by clicking OK on the Fill Order form, and then Save (to return to the order, double click on the mock order from the Inventory Orders form). View
- After all items have been added, click Save to finish and the order.
The final step to entering your inventory amounts in Boulevard is to place, receive, then delete the mock order. As a general rule, you should not delete product orders. They are tracked for production purposes as well as taxes, but since this is not a real product order, it is of no use once you have entered your beginning inventory.
Step 2: Placing, Receiving, & Deleting the Mock Order
- In the Inventory Orders form select the Mock order; click Place, then click Yes to confirm adding the items to the On Order field in Boulevard.
- Ensure the mock order is selected; click Receive, then from the Receive Order form, click Receive All, then OK .
- Ensure the mock order is still selected; click and click Yes to confirm deleting the mock order.