After your shipment has been delivered, the final step in updating your inventory amounts is when the product order Status has been set to Received. The On Hand field will then reflect the quantities for each item ordered.
- From the Product menu, select Inventory Order (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Orders).
- From the list of orders, ensure that the correct order is selected, then from the toolbar click Status then Received from the drop-down options.
- If all items ordered were included in the shipment, click Receive All, then click OK .
Handling Out of stock items and substitutions:
- Out of Stock: Select the item then click Out of Stock for any items not included in the order that the company has determined are out of stock, and will not be shipped.
- Substitutions: Locate and select the product originally ordered, then click Substitution. Use the Product Lookup form if needed, then select the item that was shipped instead, double click on the item to add it to the Receive Order form. Continue adding items from the Product Lookup form until you have accounted for all substitutions. When finished, click Close . Substituted items will appear italicized at the bottom of the order. Ensure the quantities listed are correct.
- Backordered Products: For items that are currently backordered, but are expected to ship, after clicking Receive All, override the quantity in the Received field to zero, then click OK to receive all other items. The order will remain in a Placed status with only the products waiting to be received listed in the Receive Order screen. All other items will disappear and quantities added to your inventory.
- If you track backorders, a notification will appear, as a reminder to check for customer backorders.
- Optionally, to track the life cycle of products that expire, the equivalent date from the day code listed on the product can be entered in the Expires field. Refer to the MK Day Code Guide for help in determining the correct date. View