When you create a product order in Boulevard, the program keeps track of each separate order you place and the products on order. Once you receive the physical order and tell Boulevard which items you received, your inventory is automatically updated from the information on the order.
- From the Product menu, select Inventory Order (or from the main toolbar, click Orders).
- Click New to open a new, blank order form.
- The Description field will have the current month entered and Date field set to the current date automatically but can be changed.
There are several ways to add items to an order; by part number, using the Ideal Order function, entering a partial description, Fill by List, and the Product Lookup. Use any one or a combination of these methods.
- Move the cursor to the Part # field in the first blank row of the order.
- Type the part number for the item you wish to add. As you type the number, a shortcut menu will appear. The menu lists each item’s part number, description, on-hand quantity, and retail price.
- Click on the item when it appears in the menu.
- Move the cursor to the Description field of the order in the first blank row.
- Begin typing a unique part of the item's description or part number.
- The drop-down form includes a Part Number, Description, Category, On Hand and Retail column, with the items being sorted by category (Note: The letters you typed are highlighted in a darker yellow).
- Click the item to add it. If the item is not included in the list, click Clear at the bottom of the drop-down form and type a different description, or choose one of the other methods to add items to the order.
Please Note: The ideal option automatically adds items to the order that are needed to replenish inventory that has been sold, as well as items borrowed from someone.
To use this method, ideal quantities first need to be set for each item in the Product List.
- On the Order form, click Ideal, then choose All Sections, Section 1, or Customer Premiums.
- If needed, after the items populate and are added to the order, you can add additional items, remove any you do not want to order or adjust the quantities.
Fill by List:
The fill by list option displays a list of section 1 and section 2 items in Mary Kay sequence. You can enter quantities for each product you want to add to the order.
- In the Order form, click List.
- In the Fill Order form that appears, Boulevard displays a list of all section 1 or section 2 products.
- Enter a quantity in the Qty field for each item being ordered.
- When you have finished choosing products, select OK to close the Fill Order form. The products and their quantities are added to the order form.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 as many times as you want to add all the products to the order.
- After you have the products in your order that you need, select Save.
Click Find. Use the search field to type text matching a product description and click Find. Boulevard displays products that match the text you type. The more specific you are, the more precise the search will be. (E.g Typing the word Extra will display products with that word as part of their description such as Extra Emollient Night Cream.)
- Boulevard remembers past search text.
- To filter the list of products displayed to a particular category or group, select the applicable options in the Category and/or Group fields at the bottom of the Product Lookup form.
- From the list, double-click the item you want to add to the order (or select an item, then click Add).
- Repeat the steps above to add additional items. When finished, click Close.
Click on the row of the item to be deleted (or right-click to display the shortcut menu, and click Item Delete).
Saving the order
After all adjustments are made and the product order is complete select Save.
- Once the order has been placed with the company, proceed with placing the order in Boulevard. See Mark a Product Order as Placed.
- Import a Product Order from InTouch®
- Export a Product Order from Boulevard to InTouch (US)