When you create a product order in Boulevard, the program keeps track of each separate order you place and the products on order. Once you receive the physical order and tell Boulevard which items you received, your inventory is automatically updated from the information on the order.
You can create a product inventory order in several ways, by importing, exporting, or adding the items to the order manually as described below.
- From the Product menu, select Inventory Order (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Orders).
- Click New then select Order* to open a new order.
- The Description field will have the current month entered and the Date field set to the current date automatically but can be changed.
* See Replacement or Historical for more information on those two types of orders.
Adding Items to the Order
There are several ways to add items to an order; by part number, using the Ideal Order function, entering a partial description, Fill by List, and the Product Lookup. Use any one or a combination of these methods.
- Place the cursor in the Description field and type a unique part of the item's description or part number.
- The drop-down form includes a Part Number, Description, Category, On Hand, and Retail column, with the items being sorted by category. Click the item to add it.
If the item is not included in the list, click Clear at the bottom of the drop-down form and type a different description, or choose one of the other methods to add items to the order.
The ideal option automatically adds items to the order that are needed to replenish inventory that has been sold, as well as items borrowed from someone. To use this method, ideal quantities need to be set for each item.
On the Order form, click Ideal, then choose All Sections, Section 1, or Customer Premiums. After the items populate on the order, you can adjust quantities, add additional items, or remove any you do not want to order.
The fill by list option displays a list of section 1 and section 2 items in order form sequence. You can enter quantities for each product you want to add to the order.
- In the Order form, click List.
- In the Fill Order form that appears, Boulevard displays a list of all section 1 or section 2 products.
- Enter a quantity in the Qty field for each item being ordered.
- When you have finished choosing products, select OK to close the Fill Order form. The products and their quantities are added to the order form.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 as many times as you want to add all the products to the order.
- After you have the products in your order that you need, select Save.
- Click Find.
- To filter the list of products displayed in a particular category or group, select the applicable options in the Category and/or Group fields at the bottom of the Product Lookup form.
- Use the search field to enter a partial description or a few digits of the part number (E.g., typing the word Extra will display products with that word as part of their description such as Extra Emollient Night Cream).
- From the list, double-click the item you want to add to the order (or select an item, then click Add).
- Repeat the steps above to add additional items. When finished, click Close.
Click on the row of the item to be deleted (or right-click to display the shortcut menu, and select Item Delete).
Saving the order
After any necessary adjustments are made and the product order is complete select Save.
Once the order has been placed with the company, ensure that the order totals match or balance with the order's actual cost. Then the next step in the process is to set the product order status to placed. Once you have physically received the shipment, the final step is to receive the product order into inventory.