When you create a product order in Boulevard, the program keeps track of each separate order you place and the products on order. Once you receive the physical order and tell Boulevard which items you received, your inventory is automatically updated from the information on the order.
You can create a product inventory order in several ways, by importing, exporting, or adding the items to the order manually.
New! If you have Boulevard 2019 installed and want product orders to import automatically, see Import a Product Inventory Order (Automatically).
To create a new order:
- From the Shortcuts form, click Inventory Order (or from the Product menu, select Inventory Order).
- In the Inventory Order form, click to open a new, blank order form.
- The Description field has the current month entered automatically. You can keep the default, or choose to change the description. (You may want to enter a description that reminds you of what is contained in the order.)
- The Date field defaults to today. Change the date to match the actual date the order was placed with the company.
- To view and/or change the sales tax rate for this order (changes affect this order only), in the Tax field, click to open the Sales Tax form. The Tax field calculates sales tax based on the sales tax rate previously entered in Preferences, under the Business info tab (Canadian users under the Sales Tax tab).
Adding items to the order:
There are several ways to add items to an order; by part number, using the Ideal Order function, entering a partial description, Fill by List, and the Product Lookup. Use any one, or a combination of these methods.
Entering the part number:
- Move the cursor to the Part # field in the first blank row of the order.
- Type the part number for the item you wish to add. As you type the number, a shortcut menu will appear. The menu lists each item’s part number, description, on hand quantity and retail price.
- Click on the item when it appears in the menu.
Partial Description Search:
- Move the cursor to the Description field of the order in the first blank row.
- Begin typing a unique part of the item's description such as the color to drill down the options and receive fewer, more specific results from the drop-down form. (E.g. Type Shy for the cheek color Shy Blush. If you entered cheek, the results would include all products that have the letters cheek in the description.)
- The drop-down form includes a Description, Category, On Hand and Retail column, with the items being sorted by category (Note: The letters you typed are highlighted in a darker yellow).
- Click the item to add it. If the item is not included in the list, click Clear at the bottom of the drop-down form and type a different description, or choose one of the other methods to add items to the order.
Ideal Order option:
Please Note: The ideal option automatically adds items to the order that are needed to replenish inventory that has been sold, as well as items borrowed from someone.
To use this method, ideal quantities first need to be set for each item in the Product List. Choose from All Sections, Section 1 only, or Deluxe Minis.
- On the Order form, click Ideal Order .
- If needed, after the items populate and are added to the order, you can add additional items, remove any you do not want to order, or adjust the quantities.
Fill by List option:
The Fill by List option displays a list of section 1 and section 2 items in Mary Kay sequence. You can enter quantities for each product you want to add to the order.
- In the Order form, click Fill by List.
- In the Fill Order form that appears, Boulevard displays a list of all section 1 or section 2 products (depending on which option is selected in the View box).
- For each product you want to order, enter a quantity in the Qty field.
- If you need to clear a product, enter a zero in the Qty field.
- When you have finished choosing products, select OK to close the Fill Order form. The products and their quantities are added to the Order form.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 as many times as you want to add all the products to the order.
- After you have the products in your order that you need, select Save in the order form.
Click Lookup. Use the search field to type text matching a product description and click Find. Boulevard displays products that match the text you type. The more specific you are, the more precise the search will be. (E.g Typing the word EXTRA will display products with that word as part of their description such as Extra Emollient Night Cream.)
- Boulevard remembers past search text. Click in the search field to display and select past searches
- To clear the search field, click Clear.
- To filter the list of products displayed to a particular category or group, select the applicable options in the Category and/or Group fields at the bottom of the Product Lookup form.
- From the list, select the item you want to add to the table.
- You can press Enter, click Add, double-click, or drag and drop the product onto the order form grid.
- Repeat the steps above to add additional items. When finished, click Close.
Deleting items from the order:
Select the item, and click Item Delete (Or, right-click to display the shortcut menu, and click Item Delete).
Saving the order:
- After all adjustments are made and the product order is complete, select Save.
- Once the order has been placed with the company, proceed with placing the order in Boulevard. (See Mark a Product Order as Placed.)