After you have created an invoice for your customer with items being returned, those items will then automatically be added to the Product Replacement screen in Boulevard. Follow the steps below when you are ready to submit to the company for an exchange.
Note: The steps below do not submit the actual order. The purpose is to track items being sent from the company as replacements for items that have been returned by customers.
- From the Product menu, select Product Replacements.
- Products listed in the replacement screen are all items added as returns on an invoice that have not been finalized in Boulevard. Select the checkbox next to each item being returned to the company.
- If you do not see the item you are returning, click to manually add it to the Product Replacement form.
- From the product replacement toolbar, select and choose Company (choosing Inventory will return the items back to your on-hand inventory). View
- From the Replacement Products form, add the items you want the company to send as replacements.
- Once all items have been added, and the Retail difference is 0.00 click OK . View
- From the preview window, click to print (or to export as a pdf).
You can use the printed Replacement Product form referenced above as a guide when submitting the replacement product order online. For further assistance on the actual process of submitting to the company, please contact the company.
After you have received the shipment of replacement products, follow the steps below to receive them into your inventory.
- From the Product menu, select Inventory Order (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Orders).
- From the list of orders, ensure that the replacement product order is selected, then from the toolbar click Status then Received from the drop-down options.
- If all items ordered were included in the shipment, click Receive All, then click OK .
All quantities that were marked as received will be moved from the On Order column and added to the On Hand field of the product list. See Receive a Product Order into Inventory for more information.
- Replacement orders will automatically have the order Type as Replacement with the Status as Placed.
- To print the replacement form again, from the Product menu, select Inventory Order (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Orders). Select the order, then click Print.