The final step in updating on-hand amounts into your inventory occurs when you Receive a product order.
Please Note: Do not continue to receive the order into your inventory if the totals do not match exactly. This may indicate that either a price, quantity, or the correct items are not included on the order. Proceeding will cause your inventory quantities, and in-turn your records to reflect inaccurately. (See Balance the Totals on a Product Order.)
- From the Shortcuts form, click Inventory Orders (or from the Product menu, select Inventory Order).
- To finish the receiving process, ensure the correct order to be received is selected then click Receive.
- If all items ordered were shipped, click Receive All, then click OK .
(A reminder will be displayed, to check for customer backorders if you track them. Optional: To track the life cycle of products that expire, enter the date listed from the product in the Expires field.)
Handling Out of stock items and substitutions:
- Out of Stock:
- Locate, select, then click Out of Stock for any items not included in the order that the company has determined are out of stock, and will not be shipped.
- Locate and select the product originally ordered, then click Substitution. Use the Item Lookup form if needed, then select the item that was shipped instead, and click Add (or double click on the item to add it to the Receive Order form.). Continue adding items from the Item Lookup form until you have accounted for all substitutions and out of stock items. When finished, click Close . Substituted items will appear italicized at the bottom of the order. Ensure the quantities listed are correct.
- Backordered Products:
- For items that are currently backordered, but are expected to ship, after clicking Receive All, override the quantity in the Received field to zero, then click OK to receive all other items. (The order will remain under Open Orders with only the products waiting to be received. All other items will disappear and quantities added to your inventory.)