After taking a physical count of your current inventory, you're ready to enter those counts. You can either enter the On Hand amounts from your Inventory Worksheet, directly on the Product List (Option 1) or create a base inventory order (Option 2).
Step 1: Set Default Discount
Before entering your current On Hand amounts, you'll want to set your Default Discount first.
- From the Product menu, select Inventory Order (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Orders).
- From the toolbar click Settings, then enter the usual discount percentage received when ordering in the Default discount field (usually 50% for the Mary Kay industry in the US & Canada). View
- When finished, click OK .
Step 2: Enter Your On Hand Inventory
Ensure that you have printed the inventory worksheet and take a physical count of your current inventory before proceeding. The steps below will guide you through entering them in the On Hand field on the product list.
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar click Inventory).
- From the View drop-down, select Worksheet (or Inventory if you printed and used it to record your current counts).
- Begin entering the amounts from your inventory worksheet in the On Hand field.
For additional information see Editing the Physical Count Directly On the Product List.
Step 1: Creating the Base Inventory Order
If you are not new to Boulevard and are re-entering your corrected inventory amounts, before proceeding, ensure that you have cleared your current on-hand inventory counts.
- From the Product menu, click Inventory Order (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar click Orders).
- From the Inventory Orders toolbar, click Settings to ensure that the Default discount is set to the correct amount (usually 50% for the Mary Kay industry in the US & Canada).
- From the Inventory Orders toolbar, click New then Order to open a new order form.
- Change the Description field from the current month to Base Inventory; the Date can be left as of today's date.
- Click List to add the amounts taken from your physical count in the Qty column (you can use your arrow key to quickly move to the next item).
Tip: If you have a lot of inventory, it is recommended that you periodically save your work by clicking OK on the Fill Order screen, then Save (to return to the order, double-click on the order from the Inventory Orders screen). You can also create more than one order to break it into multiple smaller base inventory orders.
- After all of the items have been added to the order, click Save to save and close the order.
Step 2: Placing, Receiving, & Deleting the Base Inventory Order
The final step to entering your inventory amounts in Boulevard is to place, receive, then delete the Base Inventory order. As a general rule, you should not delete product orders. They are tracked for production purposes as well as taxes, but since this is not a real product order, it is of no use once you have entered your beginning inventory.
- From the Inventory Orders screen, select to highlight the Base Inventory order.
- From the toolbar, click Status, then Placed.
- Click Yes to confirm adding the items to the On Order field in Boulevard.
- Ensure the Base Inventory order is still selected then from the toolbar, click Status, then Received.
- From the Receive Order screen, click Receive All then OK .
- Ensure the Base Inventory order is still selected, then click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm deleting the order.