A Prepack is an item that is made up of a group of products that never change, for example, seasonal looks. You would define this set as a pre-pack since the individual items always remain the same.
When you add the pre-pack to a customer's invoice, Boulevard automatically subtracts the individual items that make up the pre-pack from your inventory (pre-pack items are listed individually on the printed invoice and in the customer's product history).
When you order a pre-pack from the company, the individual items that make up the pre-pack are automatically added to your inventory.
Create a Pre-pack
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the main toolbar click Inventory).
- From the product list toolbar, click New, then select Pre-Pack from the drop-down list.
- In the Product Itemize form, click Lookup to add all products that make up the pre-pack.
- In the Qty field, enter the quantity of each individual item contained in the collection.
- When finished adding items, click OK to save and close the Product Itemize form.
- Assign the pre-pack a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a hand cream with mug set, you could enter MUGSET for the part number and Coffee & Cream Set for the Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want collection located.
- Under the Pricing section, enter the amount you will charge in the Retail/Cost field.
- Click to save the newly created pre-pack.
- To view or print the contents of a collection, from the profile toolbar, click Itemize.
- Create a Product Collection
- Create a Product Set
- We'll create custom Collections and Pre-packs for each season for when subscribed to the Product Update Service!
- And new to Boulevard 2020, you can convert any pre-pack to a set from the Product List; simply
right-click on the pre-pack and choose Change to set.