To make minor inventory adjustments, edit the physical count of a product, which changes the number that appears in the On Hand field. You can also add an expiration date for a product. If you find you are changing the physical count for a large number of items, you can remove all inventory counts and create a "mock" order to quickly re-enter your inventory quantities.
To Edit the Physical Count:
- From the Shortcuts form, click View Products & Inventory (or from the Product menu, select Product List).
- Open the product form of the item to be adjusted (if necessary, click from the toolbar, and enter a partial description of the item).
- On the product form tool bar, click to open the Physical Count form.
- Adjust the quantity on the next available blank line, and if necessary, the wholesale amount.
- Click OK to accept and close the form.
- If applicable, track a product's expiration by adding it under the Expires field (See Track Expiration Dates for more information).
- Add or select a Reason for adjustment from the drop-down list
Once your inventory is accurate, to print the cost of goods on hand and other necessary reports for tax purposes, see Close Year-End & Run Tax Reports.