Inventory adjustments can be made using a few different options. If you have pending inventory orders with a status of Placed that you have physically received the shipment, you'll want to ensure that the order status is set to Received to begin.
Step 1: Print Inventory Listing or Worksheet
We recommend you print an Inventory Listing of your current on-hand amounts or an Inventory worksheet that includes all retail items in the product list to compare with your actual inventory amounts before proceeding with the options under Step 2 below.
Step 2: Make Inventory Adjustments
Option 1 is best if you'd like to re-enter your correct On Hand amounts from the product list, whether minor adjustments need to be made or a lot. If you would like to clear your current On Hand amounts first, see Clear On Hand Inventory Amounts.
Important Note: The wholesale amount is calculated from the Default Discount percent in Inventory Orders Settings. Please make sure that your discount is set before following the steps below. View
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Inventory).
- From the View drop-down menu, if you previously printed an inventory listing based on one of the following views, please ensure it is selected (Worksheet or Inventory). Otherwise, you can leave it as the Default view.
- Adjust the On Hand (and optionally Ideal) field for necessary items.
Option 2 is best if most of your On Hand amounts are incorrect and you'd like to re-enter them by creating an inventory product order.
Step 1: Clear Current On Hand Amounts
- With Boulevard open (any screen), using your keyboard, press + + .
- Under Which Products, select All, then click OK .
- Click Yes to confirm removing on-hand amounts for the option selected.
Step 2: Creating a Base Inventory Order
Tip: If you have a lot of inventory, it is recommended that you periodically save the order (to return to the order, double-click on the order from the Inventory Orders screen). Optionally, you can create more than one order to break it into multiple smaller base inventory orders.
- From the Product menu, select Inventory Order (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Orders).
- From the Inventory Orders toolbar, click Settings to ensure that the Default discount is set to the correct amount (usually 50% for the Mary Kay industry in the US & Canada).
- From the Inventory Orders toolbar, click New, then Order to open a new order form.
- Change the Description field from the current month to Base Inventory; the Date can be left as-is.
- Click List to add the amounts taken from your physical count in the Qty column (you can use your arrow key to move quickly to the next item). When finished, click OK .
- To search and add additional items not found, click Find, or alternatively, type a partial part number or name in the Description field.
- After adding the items from your on-hand inventory, click Save to save and close the order.
Step 3: Place/Receive the Base Inventory Order & Clear Totals
- From the Inventory Orders screen, select to highlight the Base Inventory order.
- From the toolbar, click Status, then Placed.
- Click Yes to confirm adding the items to the On Order field in Boulevard.
- Ensure the Base Inventory order is still selected then from the toolbar, click Status, then Received.
- From the Receive Order screen, click Receive All then OK .
- After the Status has been set as Received you'll want to remove the totals since it was not an actual order placed with the company. From the Inventory Orders screen, double-click on the Base Inventory order to open the Edit Order pop-up.
- Change all amounts to zero, then OK .View
- When finished, if you need to enter the totals for past orders that were not previously imported or manually entered but were included in your base inventory order, see Entering Past Inventory Product Orders.
Option 3 can be used if your On Hand amounts are primarily correct and you need to adjust the wholesale value of a few individual items. Or if your On Hand amounts are correct, but the wholesale value is incorrect for most items, see Set Default Discount & Update On Hand Wholesale Value.
Important Note: The wholesale amount is calculated from the Default Discount percent located in Inventory Orders Settings. Ensure that your discount is set before following the steps below. View
- From the Product menu, select Product List (or from the Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar click Inventory).
- Using the search field, type a partial product description, or part number. View
- After locating the desired product, double-click to open the product profile.
- From the product profile toolbar, click Edit Count to open the Physical Count form.
- Adjust the quantity and if necessary, the wholesale amount.
- Click OK to save and close the form.
- If applicable, track a product's expiration by adding it under the Expires field (See Track Expiration Dates for more information).
- Add or select a Reason for adjustment from the drop-down list.
- If you have many items that need the wholesale value adjusted, see Set Default Discount & Update On Hand Wholesale Value.