You can connect your email address and send individual or group email messages from inside Boulevard without having to use a desktop client (Live Mail, Outlook, etc.). The benefit to using your email address inside of Boulevard is that it will send each email individually when using the group email function, you will also have the ability to send individual email, and a record of each email will be added to the recipient's Contact Log of their profile.
Connecting Your Email Address
- From the Shortcuts form, click Preferences (or from the Edit menu, select Preferences).
- Click on the Online Sync tab, and under the Outgoing Email Settings section select Email (if necessary, click Settings).
- Enter your email address and the password associated with your email account in the Email and Password fields.
- If necessary, click then enter the SMTP settings from the table below for your specific email provider. View
- Enter the information you would like to appear at the bottom of each email in under the Signature tab (See Add a Default Signature to Email Messages for more information).
- Click Test to ensure the password and email address were entered correctly, and that the connection has been established.
- If successful, a message will be sent to the email address entered with the following Subject Line: Test Email from Boulevard. Click OK confirming, then OK to save and close the Email Settings form.
- Click OK to save and close Preferences.
Please Note: If you receive an error when trying to save, you may need to enter the outgoing smtp settings for your provider by clicking on . You'll also want to ensure that you have entered your correct email address and password information.
* For Gmail & Yahoo Users:
If you receive an error similar to "The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required." you will need to log into your email account and take a couple of steps for additional security. The links below will guide you through the process.
Yahoo: Turn on access for less secure apps and turn off 2 step verification.
Common SMTP Outgoing Server Settings
If your provider is not listed below, please contact your email/internet provider.
|Provider||SMTP Server||Use SSL||Port|
|Gmail *See above||smtp.gmail.com||Yes||587 or 465|
|Hotmail||smtp.live.com||Yes||587 or 465|
|SBC Global||outbound.att.net||Yes||465 or 587|
|Yahoo * See above||smtp.mail.yahoo.com||Yes||587|
|Yahoo Mail Plus *See above||plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com||Yes||587|