To exchange products, they need to be loaned and borrowed simultaneously; otherwise, one of the other methods should be used (Loan or Borrow, as shown in the diagram below).
|The product is being removed from your current inventory.|
|The product is being added to your current inventory.|
|Products are both being added and removed from your current inventory.|
- From the Product menu, select Loan/Borrow & Exchanges (or from Products - Inventory group on the main toolbar, click Loan/Borrow).
- From the toolbar click Exchange.
- From the Exchange with field, select to select a contact, or if you've never exchanged product with them, type their name in the field.
- If necessary, change the date from the Date field.
- Add an item by typing a partial part number or description of the item in the Description field. The Part # field can be used as well, but the exact part number must be used. Alternatively, click Lookup... to search for the item.
- For each row added, using the table from above as a reference, select either In or Out.
- Optionally, click Note... to add a note, and in the Print Copies field, enter the number of copies you'd like printed.
- Ensure that there is not a retail variance (total is 0.00), then click OK to process the exchange.
Tip: If there is a retail variance, the difference can then be added as an entry in expenses.