To add an item to a customer's invoice for such things as gift wrapping, you can create an item, set it to not track inventory deductions, and decide whether or not to set a fixed price, add the amount when creating the invoice, or not charge an amount.
- From the product list toolbar, click New, then select Product.
- Assign the item a Part number and give it a Description.
In the example used, to create a gift wrapping line item, you could enter GIFTWRAP for the part number and Gift-wrapped for the description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want the item located (or create a new, custom category).
- In the Retail/Cost field, enter an amount if you charge a set amount, otherwise leave it with a zero value to add the amount at the time of sale, directly to the invoice.
- Select the No Inventory checkbox to mark the item for no inventory tracking.
- From the product profile toolbar, click Save.