To add an extra amount to a customer's invoice for such things as gift wrapping, you can create an item, mark it to not track inventory deductions, and decide whether or not to set a fixed price.
- From the Shortcuts form, click Create New Product (or from the Product List tool bar click ).
- Assign the item a Part number and give it a Description. In the example used above, to create a gift wrapping line item, you could enter GIFTWRAP for the part number and Gift Wrapped for the description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want the item located (We recommend Product Collections or a different section 1 category).
- Leave the Group field blank as it does not apply.
- In the Retail/Cost field, enter an amount if you charge a set amount, otherwise leave it with a zero value to add the amount at the time of sale, directly to the invoice.
- Select the No Inventory check box to mark the item for no inventory tracking.
- From the Product Profile tool bar click .