Each item in the product list has a profile that stores specific information regarding that product; from the unique part number to the category it is saved in, and product usage information for example.
- Previous or Next: Moves to the next or previous product profile in the product list (only enabled if no changes have been made to the current profile).
- Save :Saves the profile and closes it.
- Edit Count : Edit the On Hand quantity along with the date and wholesale when purchased. See Make On Hand Adjustments to Your Inventory Amounts for more information.
- Itemize : Enabled only with product sets that are considered collections or pre-packs. It allows you to view the individual items included in the set. See Create a Product Prepack or Create a Product Collection for more information.
- Split Set: Enabled only if the item has been coded as a set, the content of the set are items that have profiles created, and if the set has an on-hand amount of at least 1.
- Settings : Advanced Settings, and Chart Date Range (enabled only when the Charts tab is open).
- Delete : Deletes the product profile.
- Part Number: Contains the unique part number for the item. This field allows up to 8 characters and can be a number, letter, or combination of both.
- Description: The description or item name can be up to 40 characters long.
- Category: Select the category where you would like the item to be located, or you can also type a letter to scroll to the next category starting with that letter.
- Group: Lists the type of product from a predefined set of groups. Product groups are used when creating product collections.
- Line: Lists the product line the item is associated with. Product Lines are used when tracking sales trends from the dashboard and creating reports.
- Retail/Cost: This number is the total retail price or cost of the product.
- Pkg of: By default the package of should be 1. In some cases (usually section 2), a higher quantity would be entered if there are more than one item in a package that are used separately.
- Per Unit: This is a read-only field and gives the per unit cost (Retail/Cost divided by the amount per package).
- Taxable: Indicates if tax will be calculated when buying or selling the item.
- Over-the-counter drug: Indicates if the item has ingredients that are considered over-the-counter drug or OTC.
- No Inventory: When this option is selected inventory quantities are not tracked (usually for services or non-retail business supplies that do not need an on-hand amount to be tracked for tax purposes).
- Gift Certificate: Indicates that the item is a gift certificate which is handled differently than a physical item being sold.
- Ideal: Stores the number you would like to keep on hand.
- On Hand: Stores the number you currently have on hand. See Print Current Inventory Listing to view all on-hand amounts.
- On Order: Stores the number you have on order. See Inventory Orders Overview for more information.
- Loaned: Stores the number you have loaned out to others.
- Borrowed: Stores the number you have borrowed from others.
- Returned: Stores the number that has been returned to you and has not been processed as a replacement product order. See Product Replacement Orders for more information.
- Released: The date the item was originally released.
- Discontinued: The date the item was discontinued.
Displays the Sales Events that have this item is included.
Displays the number sold, given as a gift or sample, and returned for the specified time frame with the ability to print. See View Customer Product Usage for more information.
Displays charts for Product Usage and Product Purchases. Click Settings then select Chart Date Range for additional options. Tip! If the chart grid information is not displaying, increase the size of the product form (if you're using the Float setting), or switch to the Tab layout. See Boulevard Window Sizes & Layout Options for more information.