There are four product profile types that can be created in Boulevard. For information about each product profile type, see Product Profile Types. Follow the steps below to create a basic product profile.
- From the product list toolbar, click New, then select Product.
- Assign the item a Part number and give it a Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want the item located.
- Optionally, choose to assign the item to a Group and/or Product Line.
- In the Retail/Cost field enter the retail cost of the item.
- From the product profile toolbar, click Settings and then select Advanced Settings from the drop-down.
- From the Product Advanced Settings form, enter a number in the Section field. Section 2 is reserved for items that are not intended for resale - also referred to as supplies or sales aids. All other numbers will be considered retail items.
- Select any other applicable settings, then click OK to close.
- When finished, from the product profile toolbar, click Save.