Track the shelf life for applicable items by entering the date on which they expire when receiving a product order into inventory or from the product profile. You can also print a report to find out which items are expiring. To handle expired products, see Handle Demos, Donations, or Expired/Product Loss.
After the order has been placed and is ready to be received into inventory, enter the expiration date for any applicable items in the Expires field from the Receive Order form.
- Find or Search for the product, then double-click to open the product's profile.
- From the profile toolbar, click Edit Count.
- Enter the date in the Expires field, then click OK to save and close the form.
Print an Expiring Product Listing Report
- From the Business Tools menu, select Reports (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Reports).
- Under the Inventory section, select the Inventory Listing by Category report, then click Print (or double-click on the report).
- From the preview screen, set the desired Expired Start and Expired End dates, then click Submit .
- From the preview toolbar, click to print (or to export as a pdf).