To access the same Boulevard database simultaneously on multiple computers it will need to reside on a network that has already been set up.
Important note: Boulevard is not designed to have two or more people on networked computers creating invoices at the same time. Do not attempt to generate invoices on more than one computer simultaneously.We recommend that you switch to the online platform of Boulevard. For more information, please visit www.myboulevardonline.com.
On the server computer:
- Install Boulevard, or open Boulevard and make sure that your current data is showing.
- Hold down the Windows key, and the R key on the keyboard.
- Type in %AppData% and click OK.
- Right-click the Blvd folder and select Properties.
- Select the Sharing tab.
- Select Share With (or Share).
- From the drop-down choose Everyone and click Add.
- Click Share.
- Click Advanced Sharing, then click Share this folder. By default, it should automatically give it a name, if not, type name Blvd.
- Click Permissions and select Everyone (or desired user account).
- Click Full Control, select Change, and click Read.
- Click Share.
On each client computer:
- Install Boulevard.
- Open Boulevard to confirm it can run independently on the client computer, then close completely.
- Select Map Network Drive
- Select B:\ for the Drive.
- Click Browse, then navigate to the location of Blvd on the server computer. (e.g. C:\Users\Your User Account Name\AppData\Roaming\Blvd).
- Click OK.
- Make sure Reconnect at logon is selected, then click Finish (or OK).
- Close all open windows.
- Right-click on your Desktop and select New, then Shortcut.
- Type the following: "C:\Program Files\Blvd20XX\Blvd.exe" "B:\Blvd.mdb"*
- Click the Next.
- Type in the name of the shortcut (e.g. Suzy's Blvd), then click OK.
Use the newly created shortcut to run Boulevard. To verify that the networking was successful, create a test customer on the client computer. Then go to the server computer, launch Boulevard and ensure the newly created test customer has been added.
If you have questions regarding general networking or are not familiar with setting up a network, below are some additional resources to get started. We highly recommend you seek professional assistance from a computer technician if you are not comfortable with any of the information provided.
* Replace with the current version number.