The following instructions will step you through installing the latest Boulevard software release and then how to restore a backup file that contains your current data. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please submit a request for further help.
Step 1: Take a Backup in Boulevard (from your current computer)
- From the computer that you currently use Boulevard on, launch the Boulevard application.
- From the File menu, select Backup.
- In the Save File As window, from the Save in drop-down, select where you would like to save the backup file (flash or external drive, or other cloud-based option).
- Click Save.
Note: The backup file by default will be named using the following format:
BLVD BACKUP_YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMMSS.ZIP which indicates when the backup was taken.
- Once the backup process is complete you can exit out of Boulevard.
Step 2: Download & Install Boulevard (on the new computer)
- From the new computer, using a web browser, sign in to your Main Street Software account to access the Software Release page.
- Click on the Terms & Conditions checkbox, then click Download.
- If given the choice, please choose to Open or Run, otherwise, select Save.
- If you were not given the choice to run or where to save the file, locate the setup.exe file for the browser you are using to open it. (Or from File Explorer, open your Downloads folder to locate the setup.exe file.)
- When the installation process begins, follow the on-screen prompts, then click Finish.
Step 3: Restore the Backup in Boulevard
- Locate the newly created shortcut and double-click to launch Boulevard.
- From the File menu, select Restore.
- From the Open window, navigate to the location where you saved the Boulevard backup file.
- Select the backup file with the current date (e.g., BLVD BACKUP_YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS.ZIP) from the instructions you followed under Step 1, then click Open.
- Click OK to acknowledge that the backup file was successfully restored.
Step 4: Verify the Data & Check Your Preferences
To verify that the file restored is the most current, we recommend looking for something recently added such as an invoice.
- View all invoices by going to the Business Tools menu, selecting Invoice Log, (or from the Reports - Tools group on the main toolbar, click Invoices).
- If you cannot locate a contact, try following the steps to Search For Contacts.
After verifying that the restored backup contains your most current data, we also recommend that you go to Preferences and check each tab (sales tax rate, email settings, default backup location, etc.). Some of your settings may not have transferred during the installation due to necessary changes made and you may need to update them.